Visit distant worlds on a thrilling journey through our galaxy!
In addition to an intuitive interface which allows touch driven navigation through our Galaxy, Exoplanet Explorer also offers a comprehensive search tool which will let you find the planets and systems that you are interested in. This includes the ability to both search and sort by planet name, the number of planets in a system or even then number of stars in a system, to name just a few.
Statistics are provided to summarise the information in the database and give you a global perspective.
Planets have been divided up into 6 classes, and further subdivides into 3 temperature classes. This information has then been used to create models which are then assembled into working solar systems to give you an idea of what they might look like if we could travel there today.
* Mercurian – rocky worlds that have the approximate mass of Mercury
* Sub-terran – rocky planets with a mass similar to Mars
* Terran – rocky worlds with similar mass to Earth
* Super-terran – rocky worlds with a higher mass than Earth
* Neptunian – gas giants similar to Neptune
* Jovian – gas giants as massive or more massive than Jupiter
The planets are further divided into the following temperature classes:
* Hot – planets that are too hot to support liquid water
* Warm – planets in the star’s habitable zone where liquid water could exist
* Cold – planets beyond the habitable zone where water would only exist as ice
In addition to Voyager more spacecraft available in Solar System Explorer HD Pro. See robots like Juno which is currently on its way to study Jupiter.
A cool calendar is also included. This lets you change the date of the simulation. Where were the planets on the day you were born? See where they will be in ten years time!