31 January 2014
Category:
Development
Comments: 0

Burstly SkyRocket in Unity on Android

To put it bluntly, my experience with MoPub and Unity in mid 2013 was a disaster. Six months have passed and I’ve recovered.  I’m ready to try another ad mediation service, this time Burstly SkyRocket. First, the good news: it works. It only took about 10 hours from signing up to having a functional app. […]


19 August 2013
Category:
Development
Unity
Comments: 0

Unity: Amazon Kindle HD crash on resume

I’ve decided to try a new approach for this blog: Instead of posting monolithic blocks of text while working on my apps, I’ll be splitting them into individual posts in a new section devoted to Unity coding. I seriously started work on the Transmutation Amazon release this morning. I know that the general Android version […]


11 August 2013
Comments: 0

Transmutation: Suspend and resume

Things were going along great when I realised that I’d completely neglected to deal with suspend and resume for the Transmutation rewrite. To be honest, it wasn’t present in the original version either. Nonetheless, it is an important feature because that it’s required for some markets, and because the game can’t be restarted from an […]


30 July 2013
Comments: 0

Galaxy Explorer: Released to Google Play

I ran through some final testing today and noticed a couple of minor GUI issues – for example, the music could be turned off by setting the volume to zero, but upon restarting the app, increasing the volume wouldn’t make the music audible again. I tracked it back to a bug/feature in AudioToolkit that completely […]


13 July 2013
Comments: 0

Dancing with MoPub: part 2

In part 1, I came to the mistaken conclusion that I had it all figured out. Nope. Little did I realise that although I had “ads” working in MoPub, Admob ads weren’t. Further investigation has revealed more issues: I didn’t realise it, but you have to copy all the ad network jar files into your […]