31 January 2014
Category:
Development
Comments: 0

Burstly SkyRocket in Unity on Android

To put it bluntly, my experience with MoPub and Unity in mid 2013 was a disaster. Six months have passed and I’ve recovered.  I’m ready to try another ad mediation service, this time Burstly SkyRocket. First, the good news: it works. It only took about 10 hours from signing up to having a functional app. […]


24 September 2013
Category:
Development
Unity
Comments: 0

ChartBoost for iOS 4.2 – appcontroller.h missing

I’ve nearly completed my latest project, so it was about time to try my first every iOS build. While Unity compiled the app, XCode failed to compile the ChartBoost module, complaining that “appcontroller.h” was missing. Research revealed that Unity changed the name of one of the includes from “AppController.h” to “UnityAppController.h”, and ChartBoost has yet […]


30 July 2013
Comments: 0

Galaxy Explorer: Released to Google Play

I ran through some final testing today and noticed a couple of minor GUI issues – for example, the music could be turned off by setting the volume to zero, but upon restarting the app, increasing the volume wouldn’t make the music audible again. I tracked it back to a bug/feature in AudioToolkit that completely […]


14 July 2013
Category:
Development
Comments: 2

36 hours of ChartBoost

Having finally managed to get MoPub to serve up AdMob ads (most of the time), I moved on to ChartBoost, with trepidation. It was worse than I imagined. I spent the whole of yesterday just trying to get one solitary ChartBoost ad to show. No dice. Today, I tried a new tack: I downloaded the […]